Why Should you attend?
ACS on Campus is dedicated to preparing students like YOU (graduate students, and post-docs) for the professional hurdles you’ll face in the years to come. Whether you stay in academia or head elsewhere, you’ll need skills to:
- Find a job
- Publish in top journals
- Earn grant funding, fellowships, and awards
- Effectively use research tools like SciFinder® and ACS journals online
- Advocate for science and chemistry
- Communicate your science to chemists and non chemists alike
Who should attend?
While open to the public, currently the menu of modules features content appropriate for:
- Senior undergraduates who plan on attending PhD granting institutions for graduate school
- Graduate students
- Post-doctoral researchers
- Non-faculty researchers
- Tenure-track faculty
View Event Materials.
View our calendar of events and register today.
WHY ACS ON CAMPUS IS FOR YOU
Leaders in the field
Dr. Joan S. Valentine
Editor-in-Chief (총괄 편집장), Accounts of Chemical Research
Joan Selverstone Valentine is a biological inorganic chemist and biochemist and has been a member of the faculty of the UCLA Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry since 1980. She has served as Editor-in-Chief of the journal Accounts of Chemical Research since September 1994, and she served as Associate Editor of the journal Inorganic Chemistry from 1989 to 1995. Dr. Valentine received her A.B. in Chemistry from Smith College in 1967 and her Ph.D. in Inorganic Chemistry from Princeton University in 1971.